Thursday, December 6, 2007

Perspectives


This is the view of one property adjacent to our office. You can see a swelled up well (its a huge well like the ones you see in villages plus rain water collected next to it in a man made ditch; you cant make out where the ditch ends and the well begins) and open space where they have even cultivated some paddy(not shown in the pic). The surprising part is my office is not situated on the outskirts but is in the heart of bangalore - bannerghatta road. The adjacent vacant land and well belongs to Christ College who probably don't know what to do with that huge land (more than 2 acres acc to my visual estimate) that is lying idle.

The above para was a digression from this post's topic. Look at the AC fans that line up the inside of our office campus and next to the compound. The office building is 13 floors and hence they have these huge fans lined up on the periphery to cool the interiors. These fans make the parking lots noisy and hot. I hate them for that.

About a few months back, our office had a arranged a "get your kids to work" day on a friday. I could get nidhi along with me. neha was down with viral fever and hence could not make it. They had arranged some actitivies for kids that day - talent show, tattoos, caricature sketching... When Nidhi saw this line of noisy fans, she got very excited. She exclaimed "appa there is a train in your office and you never told me that" She thought people come to office in this train. Before that, I could never see them as bogies of a train. I find them cuter these days.

Neha did not let me sleep in peace till I took her to office. I got both of them to office on a weekend. They were amused by the cubicle walls all round the office and instantly figured out a game to play using them - hide & seek. Since I'm 6' 2'' and can see above cube walls of most offices this again was a surpise to me. I never thought you could play hide & seek in the aisles of an office. There are many times, you want to hide yourself from people in office. If only cube walls are over 7 feet!

1 comment:

Viky said...

Amazing how the kids can think! its almost as if we have blinders and cannot see a thing as anything other than itself!