Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Parents Wish List

Before you become a parent, you usually make up your mind thinking I'll not impose my wishes on my kid and not expect them to achieve what i didn't. Once you become a parent, you usually change that thinking and start building expectations around your kids.

I've been lucky so far cos I have not weaved any major goals for my kids. they are still 3 years old :-)

One thing i plan to teach my kids though is swimming. When i say teach, i mean through some trainer obviously and not myself. There isn't that possibility cos I've learnt very little swimming. I did not swim till i was 32 years old and then I went to learn. I can float a while & do a few strokes before i get tired or I'm conscious of moving towards deep end and stop. that's about all i do in the pool. The difference between me & a non-swimmer is that if both of us are thrown off a boat, I'll die probably 10 seconds after the non-swimmer dies.

Anyways, the bubble of my kids learning swimming almost burst the other day (in nidhi's case) when I splashed a little water on her face while giving her a bath and she screamed frantically ಅಯ್ಯೋ ಅಪ್ಪ... ನಾನು ಮುಳಗಿ ಹೋಗ್ತಾ ಇದ್ಹೀನಿ

2 comments:

K said...

Good blog... I guess the best way to blog is to write in your thoughts as they come to you rather than thinking it as writing a blog post.... keep blogging...

Srikanth said...

thanks km

since the idea of wirting a blog for my kids came late, i'm kind of in a cathup mode now.
hope to become current & so move to more spontaneous blogging mode soon.