Monday, November 26, 2007

to be a good teacher, be a good student first

Life comes full circle - quote by Tracey Gold
The circle in one particular instance seemed small & hence boomeranged back on me pretty soon.

To avoid nidhi & neha from getting confused about the way people should dress, we taught them that it is bad to dress skimpily and since then we discouraged them to watch photos in the magazines where models are dressed rather inappropriately in advertisements. They seemed to have watched a few photos and deciphered that if a girl is showing her umbilicus (that means navel button :-)), then that is bad and should not be seen.

This lesson we taught them hit me back hard when one day I came back home from work and was watching TV. I was surfing around when one channel was play dhoom-2 song "crazy kiya re...". I just got my fingers off the channel button on remote and was beginning to enjoy the song when nidhi barged into the living room, saw the TV and said - "ಥೂ! change ಮಾಡಪ್ಪ ಅವಳ ಹೊಕ್ಕಳು ಕಾಣುತಾ ಇದೆ.
("thu change madappa, avala hokkalu kaantha idhe")
Cricket is the safest thing to watch on TV, for me these days. The other one is the aastha channel. Thankfully I've not grown that old in life yet to dig into that.

No comments: